Over the past couple days, we’ve gone over the basics of running a successful online store. You learned how to set up your payment options and best practices for creating store items and catalogs. Now we’re going to dive deep and explain a few advanced features that will take your store to the next level.
In the screencast below, I take a closer look at a store item and explore shipping options, sale prices, and item variations.
Here are a few things in particular I’d like to highlight from the screencast:
- Customize your shipping times and availability messages. You don’t have to stick with simply saying that an item “Ships in 1-3 days” and is “Available.” Change this text to whatever you want by visiting your Store Settings in the Site Admin.
- Use the List Price to show your customers when you’re having a sale. Try not to overuse sale prices, however, or you’ll give the impression that none of your products are worth their true price.
- Try out creative item variations. You can use item variations to give your customers volume discounts or to make add-ons available. Be creative and you’ll find tons of different ways to use item variations.
Latest posts by Dan Gray (see all)
- Making Your First Sale: Managing Orders and Inventory - January 10, 2014
- How to Create Discount Codes for Your Online Store - January 9, 2014
- Advanced Store Tour: Shipping Options, Sale Prices, and Item Variations - January 8, 2014