In the past few years, ecommerce has opened up the possibility for small businesses and freelancers to sell their products and services to customers that never could have found them in the pre-internet era. Finding a cost-effective physical location is a difficult process, and it used to be a barrier to entry for would-be merchants who simply couldn’t generate enough revenue to sustain a brick and mortar store. We built Jimdo’s ecommerce tools with these people in mind.
Opening up an online store using Jimdo is inexpensive and straightforward. Compared to opening a physical store, setting up an online shop is low risk and cost effective. If you have a hobby or a side project that you’ve thought about turning into a business, creating an online store is definitely the best solution. Once you get your store online, you’ll be able to market your products to a vast audience of potential customers from all around the world.
If you started working on your store today, you could make your first sale by next week. Below, we’ve collected some tutorials that will help you get started with your new online store.
First Step: Try JimdoBusiness
Sign up for a free trial of JimdoBusiness—which gives you unlimited store items—to get the full store experience. In less than a minute your store will be online and ready to be customized.
From Beginner to Expert: Online Store Tutorials
If you follow these tutorials and try out the features that they explain, you’ll be a store expert in a week or less. If you have any questions, get in touch with us in the comments or on Facebook and Twitter—we’d love to help you get your store up and running. You can also read the great help articles in our Support Center.
- Set up your payment options: Learn how to connect your Jimdo store with PayPal so that you get paid when someone makes a purchase in your store.
- Create store items and store catalogs: We’ll show you how to use the basic building blocks of an online store: store items and store catalogs. Also learn about how to set up your store pages in a customer-friendly way.
- Advanced feature tour: Sale prices, shipping options, and item variations: You’ve already nailed down the basics—now learn about the powerful features you can use in your store.
- Creating discount codes: With JimdoBusiness, you can create custom discount codes that your customers can use during checkout.
- Managing orders and inventory: Soon you’ll be making your first sale, so you need to know what to do when orders start rolling in.
For some additional advice, you should check out Brent’s blog post: Tips and tricks for improving your online store.
Good luck with your store. We have a lot of excellent stores on Jimdo, and we’re excited to see all of the interesting products that you’re going to sell online.